Collis Civil Engineering
Collis Civil Engineering is the specialist railway civil engineering arm of the Signal House Group. It provides full turnkey solutions for the wide range of works undertaken by their in house resource.
In 2019 Collis Engineering Ltd were awarded a Network Rail Principal Contractors License. Collis Civil Engineering will be undertaking the on-site activities required to deliver work under the PCL.
The principle types of work undertaken by Collis Civil Engineering are listed below.
- Survey and Ground Investigation
- Sub and Superstructure Design
- Steelwork Fabrication
- Foundation Installation – Concrete, Helical Piles, Grundomats, hand held mini piles
- Structure erection – Signal Posts, Semaphores, Cantilevers, Gantries, Bridges, walkways
- Light Weight Signal Post
- Maintenance free/ lightweight Gantries and Cantilevers
- Life extension works/ refurbishment of signal structures
- New Semaphore signals
- Structure recovery and disposal
- Location Platform refurbishments, renewals and reskins
- Floodplain Location Platforms
- Access steps, Drivers walkways, hard standings
- Level crossings, gates, barrier bases
- URX and UTX
- Signage Fencing
- Bespoke structures and steelwork solutions
Our team of project engineers work closely with the client on all aspects of projects. This close relationship ensures that any potential problems are identified early, minimising risk resulting in projects being delivered on-time with maximum efficiency.
Our dedicated team of project engineers are all qualified SSOW planners and will organise any required line blockages, through forward planning applications with the Network Rail Gzam.
We provide all of our internal Safe Work Leaders, COSS personnel, Site Wardens, Lookouts and other railway possession specific personnel. All of our site staff carry mandatory, valid track safety cards (PTS) and are all certified in Working at Heights and ICATS. The company also has London Underground trained staff both Track Approved and Track Accustomed.