Please see below for all current available opportunities. If you are interested in applying for any of the positions please contact HR Manager Kathryn Radford.
MachinistThe post holder is a member of the Collis Engineering Division and reports to the Operations Manager.
- The post holder will be expected to work with minimum supervision. Work will be communicated in written form as drawings, standards and specifications. Where these are not clear it is the post holder’s duty to ask before proceeding.
PTS Track WorkerThe post holder is a member of the Civils division and reports firstly to the Civil Supervisor & Projects Supervisor and ultimately the Civil Engineering Director.
- To understand the scope of the required work to be completed in the relevant shifts.
- Carry out the work as efficiently and effectively as possible to surpass targets to allow time for any problems that may be encountered.
- Ensure the team you are with understand any ideas you have about more effective ways of achieving the work.
- To ensure that working practices and/or standards are adhered to.
- Mitigate any risks that can be foreseen so that the required work is complete.
- Ensure that timesheets and time booking is accurately completed and all work, where possible, is allocated to a project.
- To act as a lookout when required.
- Arrange with assistance where necessary the tools, equipment, plant, and materials that are needed to carry out the work. This is to be done liaising with the COSS to ensure nothing is missed and all purchases are accounted for via the purchasing requisition/order process.
Project EngineerThe post holder is a member of the Collis Civil Engineering Division and shall report directly to the Civil Engineering Manager.
- To be a single point of contact for all projects under his/her control from start date to final account.
- The allocation of the required resources to undertake the project.
- The control and monitoring of the planned works to maximise the effectiveness and the efficiency of the projects.
- Decisive change control and the implementation of the associated commercial aspects.
- Ownership of the plan for the projects under their control.
- To ensure that the customers’ needs are fulfilled.
- To ensure that quality and safety standards are kept.
DraughtspersonThe Draughtsperson shall report directly to the Design Manager.
- To work both independently and as part of a team.
- The post holder is also required to liaise with company personnel with regard to engineering specifications, drawing queries, design briefs, project engineering matters etc.
- Site Survey and measurements within the post holders sphere of experience and ability.
- Interpretation of structural civil and/or mechanical designs into working solutions.
- Preparation of detail and design drawings.
- Liaise with colleagues to determine engineering solutions to problems.
- Liaise with clients, their representatives, consultants, suppliers and sub-contractors in respect of the production of engineering drawings, specifications, work instructions and problem solving.
- Check colleague’s drawings.