Collis Engineering Ltd still manufactures mechanical upper (and lower) quadrant semaphore signals for the UK market. These signals operate in the exact same way such structures have for decades but are now updated to take account of modern health and safety standards. Each individual signal arm is supplied with a maintenance platform.
The Collis Engineering Ltd standard upper quadrant semaphore signal is supplied complete with a ladder top safety chain, an adjustable bottom bracket giving +/- 75mm of vertical adjustment, a signal ID plate, diamond sign, 1 No BRS-SM21/2 medium weight and a standard sized signal arm. The structure will conform to the latest Network Rail, HSE and HMRI standards. Foundation bolts are available as an option.
Typically, all mechanical signals are supplied hot-dip galvanised only with no additional paint finish although this can be requested as an option.
Recent mechanical signal installations have occurred at Banbury, Bedlington, Lincoln, Immingham, Plymouth, Kilkerran, New Cumnock, and other locations in the UK.
Signal Structure Extras
Our range of signal structures can be supplied with a list of ‘optional extras’. Such items include:
- OLE meshing (on either side of platform or full cage)
- Backboards for improved signal sighting
- Indicator support frames
- For indicators over colour lights
- For position lights under colour lights
- For position lights under indicators
- To raise the height of colour lights
- Ergonomic post option
- Anti-vandal climb guards (and anti vandal protection for signals)
- Foundation bolts and foundation bolt template
- Base box (for structures mounted on platforms)